You won’t get the ass you want by sitting on it.
It’s more important to move our bodies now more than ever. Our bodies are designed to move, but COVID restrictions have limited us from doing just that. Movement and exercise are more than just keeping the body in shape. Movement goes beyond that and impacts just about every area of our lives, helping keep them in shape. It can have a positive ripple effect to our mind, body and spirt. As a Health Coach, here is what I’ve found:
– Movement helps reduce stress. Exercise helps take us out of the fight or flight mindset and more into a rest and digest one. Allowing our minds to run with more clarity and creativity. Stress is a leading cause to so may health issues. Less stress equals less stress hormone in our body leading to the decrease in the cortisol hormone, (stress hormone).
- Can help reduce the feeling of anxiety and depression. Studies show that consistent exercise programs release our happy, feel-good hormone which helps us combat depression, similar to some popular antidepressants such as Zoloft.
- I believe when we get the body moving, we get the mind moving. Mindful movement helps us unlock answers to some of the problems we may be facing in our lives. So bring things you are working on, through, or towards into your workout and see if you find some answers in your workout. It’s not just working out, it’s working within.
- Less stress leads to better recovery, and better recovery leads to better benefits from your workouts, sleep and digestion. When we are not stressed, and filling our bodies with cortisol hormone, are bodies carry less visceral fat — ie, belly fat.
- Building a strong body keeps you healthy and improves your longevity, keeping you in the game of life for a long time.
- By improving your strength, stability and mobility you will help reduce injuries.
- If we don’t use it we loss it. When we fail to engage in purposeful movement, we lose strength, balance, mobility and stability. We need to do what we can at every stage of our life to stay as active as possible.
- Staying strong and active is the fountain of youth.
- Connect with ourselves through mindful movement, with our bodies, and breathe.
- Connect with others, a fitness buddy, a class or through an app like FitForever
- Connect with nature, get outside and play. When we play, we inspire both ourselves and others.
Now more than ever it is important to move our bodies. Whatever that looks like for you, it’s about finding something YOU like to do, no matter what it is. Find something that’s going to motivate you, then create a game plan and do it. If you need help, check out the FitForever app to build your personalized plan. Set up your 2021 to be your fittest yet.